This is my second day snowed into my apartment in Raleigh, North Carolina. The city has gotten 6″ of snow in the past 24 hours! That is unheard of here, but was common every winter where I’m from in Indiana. Nonetheless, I am snowed in and have some free time to bake with what I can find in my pantry. These oatmeal cookies are easy, fast and very good!
- 2 cups packed dark or light brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the brown sugar and two sticks of softened butter until whipped. Then add the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the remaining dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda) slowly to brown sugar mixture. Then add the oats to the mixture one cup at a time.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the dough onto a bakings sheet and cook for 11-12 minutes.
Expect this recipe to make 24-30 cookies total. My cookies did end up being a little crumbly, but still oh so delicious and moist. 🙂